Monday, September 3, 2012

Why I Want to Become a CFA?


Recently, I just applied for a scholarship in CFA examination. One of the questions asked is why I want to become a CFA. Below is my response to that question. You know I really wanted to become a CFA and become a full time investment analyst. I hope I will be granted the scholarship. I believe in law of attraction and that whatever you desire will come your way.

I am an OFW (Overseas Filipino Worker). I worked here in Dubai to initially paid my parents debts. Two years ago, I started to invest in the equity markets equipped with only my accounting background. I believe I needed to learn how to analyze stocks, the macroeconomics, fundamentals, and a sound understanding of how investments work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cfa_logo.jpg
I have a dream of helping my fellow Filipinos out from poverty. I believe in my own little way by being a CFA and a knowledgeable analyst, I can do my share in this world. My friends were transformed from being savers to investors already. In the Philippines, only 1% of the population is in the stock market. I have a blog through which I tried to analyze things to the best of my ability. I impart the knowledge and importance of investing and preserving capital to my fellow Filipinos especially OFWs who has extra funds but wind up with nothing after years of working as an expat. I have the desire to impart my knowledge to anyone who needs it but I must be equipped first with the tools needed to succeed in investments.
Professionally, I really needed to know the ins and outs of investing and I believe CFA will help me on this.  Being CFA is my ultimate goal after passing the CPA board exam in the Philippines in Year 2002 but the circumstances and financials would not allow me to do it. Learning the fundamentals of investing will go a long way for me to be equipped with the tools needed in order to cope up with the challenging world of investments. Ultimately, I needed the CFA in order to fulfill my dream of working in the investment industry.

I have been trying to find some ways to allocate some funds for CFA examination but the budget is tight. Upon learning that CFA is offering a scholarship to deserving applicants, I immediately grab the chance to be one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment