Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Rewire Your Wealth Beliefs



flowing+rock
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24049533@N00/4474204760
      Once upon a time, I was a grade five student studying in Angeles City. We live in a resettlement provided by the government since our barangay was ravaged by volcano lava. Our house was buried in mud and the whole community was covered by sand and lava . In fact, most of the houses' roofs cannot even be seen. The eruption of Mt. Pinatubo almost removed our barangay from the Philippine map. Our barangay became an ocean of sand.

Be an absolute realist and eternal optimist
Years later, the volcano tamed and pulled all its fangs against our province. People began visiting the scar-plagued community we live in.The visits became regular and the people starts to build houses again. My father built a small house also as well as a piggery to support our living. He even managed and cultivated some sugarcane in our barangay of which this day is still existing. During those years I am coming with my kin in visiting our beaten barangay. One day, they discussed about the future of the children. Since I am a valedictorian in elementary and an honor lister in high school, they have high hopes on me. One man suddenly blurted out that I will never be a successful person. That I will never be able to buy a car. Somehow, as a young man who is just starting to shape it's dreams began to doubt its ability and confidence. I was shaken.

Mi+Ultimo+Adios+-+Dr+Jose+Rizal%3B+Fotograf%C3%ADa+de+la+ejecuci%C3%B3n+de+Jos%C3%A9+Rizal+%5BMy+Last+Farewell+-+photo+of+execution+of+Dr.+Jose+Rizal%5D+%281896+A.D.%29
http://www.flickr.com/photos/13492597@N03/2665182017
That comment lingers in my mind for many years until I decided that it's time for me to carve out my own future and bring out the best in me. I hired successful mentors, associated myself with great people and began borrowing the ideas of my heroes. My heroes are my father who is an epitome in rewiring old thoughts into a winning attitude, my boss for his business acumen and developing his employees potential, Bro Bo in spiritual and wealth abundance, Robin Sharma in leadership skills and others. The four people mentioned above are the cornerstone of my belief and in the building of my character. I borrowed most of my ideas and beliefs from them. There are also great people whom I admired so much like Dr. Jose Rizal for patriotism, Abraham Lincoln for focusing in his dreams despite various setbacks and crippling challenges and many more. In fact, I have a lot of books from others. I do get a lot of inspiration in reading books.

Rewire Your Beliefs
      Are you familiar with Julie's Bakeshop? The owner, Tita Julie has 500 branches scattered all over the Philippines. Bro. Bo asked Tita Julie on what is the secret of her success on the 70th birthday of Tita Julie. Tita Julie said "Everything I need comes to me!" What a wealth belief! Imagine what kind of life you would live if you wake up every morning with that thought, and you believe that in your mind and heart, everything you need comes to you. Do you need certain wisdom and knowledge? It will come to you. Do you need money and capital? It will come to you. Do you need people to help you in business? They will come to you. You've got to believe that those things that you need will come to you and they will.


No comments:

Post a Comment