Monday, February 27, 2012

Pursue Your Dreams!


The oil stocks play has been the name of the game of late except for DIZON and the AEV, UBP, RCB and BPI rumors. Good thing though that I bought the stock somewhere at .033 and .044 with an average price of .035, I sold it at .051 taking a profit of 46% in six figure income. Anyway, all of these are just paper gains because I’m back with OV again at .049 levels and the profit I made might go and wipe out together with my capital.
If I lost everything, fine. I have conditioned my mind already in this kind of scenario. I play to win and not to go at the level where my fears are taking charge of my financial direction. It’s a make or break. Of course, I have to do my own share of research in picking my stocks. If I win, then my financial goal for the year is achieved and perhaps our dream house we bought with Century Properties might be fully paid. If I lost, it’s fine as well because I will always find a way to achieve my financial goal. The lost doesn’t matter to me as far as emotional burden is concern. At the end of the day, I just wanted to find a way to reach that financial goal.

I take full responsibility in all the losses and gains I made. Whether I just follow the others lead or take the decisions in my hands, the decision always is on me. I have the freedom to choose in picking stocks. All of the information is just a click away; so in every case I need to make a due diligence in researching stocks. All of the things I do are purely internet based and if the information is not available on the web, then I am at a disadvantage. One of the things that analyst do is visit the companies and discuss with the decision makers of that Company the way forward. I don’t have that luxury. I also don’t have the luxury to visit the site of the mining companies or oil companies or whatever companies I needed to study because I live here in abroad. Aside from that, I humbly know that I do not even know half of what other people know about stock market. Every day is a learning process but at the end of the day, my gains or losses depends entirely on what I perceive is correct.

I am a blue-chip investor before but because of the very slow upwards movement, I just felt that I might find other ways to reach my financial goal. You see when you are desperate of something; you tend to go beyond your comfort zone to achieve it. If climbing the highest mountain, or crossing the roughest seas you’ve seen or going to the moon is the only way to achieve your goal, you’ll do it. Yes, it’s a desperate moment where no boundaries will hinder you from achieving your goal. Desperate in a sense that you are committed in achieving your financial goal. Goals always fire you up. Oh I remember this passage from Martin Luther King who said that a person without a dream is not fully fit to live.
Being desperate means you are getting aggressive with your dreams. I am not talking about personality here. I am talking about our dreams, our goals. You know, one of my role models is a close relative of mine. She is meek, respectful and kind and yet she pursues her dreams as if no one will be able to stop her.

Heart
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35660391@N08/4163385728

Well yes we all have our own dreams but sometimes we view it as a wishful thinking. Sometimes, we suppose that our dreams are beyond reach. Sometimes we tend to think that our dreams are meant to be if it is our destiny. Sometimes, we feel that the world is conspiring against our dreams. Sometimes, a setback seems so insurmountable to get past it. But sometimes also we fail to see that victory lies in the moment that you are about to give up. Sometimes triumph lies beyond your comfort zone. Sometimes success is all about being persistent. And sometimes, our God is just waiting for you to act on your potential and use it for the benefit of humanity and of mankind.

No comments:

Post a Comment