Sunday, April 24, 2011

How to Invest in the Stock Market?

Photojournalism%2FCommercial+-+Fuza%27s+Briyani+Station+%7E+Mutton+Briyani
I am an accountant by profession and if you had ask me two years ago how the stock market works, I will tell you "I don't know". Yes, my profession obviously is all about numbers and most of the data coming out from the stock market are all related in my profession. But still the mystery of how those data are being played out in the stock market is unknown to me. Since I was in college, I am always fascinated with the stock market. I like reading broadsheets everyday, flip the pages, and go directly to the sports section. Eventually, I will stumble upon the business section. "BSP to ease branching rules for thrift banks", the business headlines would say. Then I would think, what is this all about? May epekto ba'to sa buhay ko? Nevertheless, I will still go on the next page and the long list of companies would show off. Some of them are quite familiar to me like Metrobank, BPI, San Miguel, PLDT and Meralco. Others I simply don't know them and I don't even know their line of business. If the title of the article is interesting like " San Miguel buys another company", I will continue reading the story, but it has to be in layman's terms otherwise, I would just skip on it. Little did I know that one day, the curiosity I had on the business section of the broadsheet will have an impact on my investment knowledge. Now, I read business news with an anticipation on the influence it will bring in the stock prices.  
Funny+Dog+Days+Magazine+Cover%2C+Rescued+White+Puppy+Dog+Kahuna+Luna+featured+on+the+cover%21+American+Staffordshire+Terrier%2C+Pit+Bull+Fame

My beautiful wife introduced me to Bo Sanchez with her reading paraphernalia about spirituality.  I read them, swallowed them, searched about Bo's in the internet and found his website. I was a little bit surprised because Bo is a lay preacher but instead of teaching pure spiritual wisdom, he expounds a lot about wealth issues. It was from him that I really started to have a great interest in the stock market. I study the pros and cons of the stock market for sometime and finally decided that I will give it a go. 


The first thing I did was to ask Citiseconline through e-mail on how I can invest in the stock market. On the next day itself, I got a reply from their customer service (helpdesk@citiseconline.com) complete with the requirements in opening an account, forms and a guide in investing.



After that, I just fill up the form, sent it through e-mail to one of their customer service and send the original documents via courier. After three weeks, it was approved. The customer service sent me an e-mail that I can now deposit money in their account. Since then, I have been depositing money in their account. Instead of the bank, Citiseconline became my savings account. As a beginner,I picked one of the blue chip companies. Their growth are slow but steady. Their business fundamentals are strong. Along the way, I researched the companies I am interested to buy, how the ups and downs of the share price happen, and the factors contributing to its price swing. Doing all of these is actually fun for me. I feel like I am just playing and in complete control of what I want to do with my resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment