Friday, December 21, 2012

Merry Christmas Everyone!


I’m just dropping by to say Merry Christmas to all of you. It’s been a while since my last post. A couple of weeks ago I received an e-mail regarding my CFA scholarship I applied way back in the first week of September. Oh man, it was approved! Indeed, it was an early gift for my birthday and this Christmas.

When I opened the first chapter about the Volume 1, Level 1, it emphasizes the importance of ethics in the investment industry. This ethics is applicable to CFA members and candidates alike. Thus, as a CFA candidate, I will be more prudent and mindful of the things I write; hence there were no posts for almost three weeks from me.
Anyhow, I will still be posting here from time to time whenever I have the time. I am juggling my time with office work, reviewing CFA materials, taking care of my daughter, and family time. Most likely, I will sneak in one or two posts from time to time especially if I am inspired write something about investing.

 If you guys would like to ask questions about stock market, please feel free to do so. I prefer specific questions about investing so that I can respond with a direct answer.

Christmas has always been a season of giving and a time to celebrate the birth of our Lord. Let us enjoy the spirit of Christmas. May the heart of each and every one of you be filled with love, peace and joy. 

3 comments:

  1. hi sir! ive been reading your blogs and they are very informative. I have a citisec account and i can attest that it is so much better to invest in stock market than to let your money sleep in a bank...anyway, aside from investing in stock market, can you suggest any other investment vehicles i can try? foreign currency trading? Or can you suggest a course i can try as an added skill which i may use in the future? thanks sir! happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frankly, my investment experience has been in the stock market only. I do venture in some properties but they for long term with profits coming from capital appreciation.

    Other investment type like bonds and mutual funds are safer than stock market but the profits are also limited. Since i can withstand the risks associated with stock market, i prefer to invest on it.

    I have read the books of Peter Lynch and i would say that I like them. They are pretty straightforward and humorous at times. I also have Benjamin Graham's book on value investing and I would say that it is very informative.

    There are seminars and training list being offered free or with fee on PSE Academy website.

    Whatever i will learn from the CFA course, I will share it here as long as it is within the bounds of Ethics and Standards. At the end of the day, my objective is to impart my knowledge while protecting the integrity of the Ethics and Standards and at the same time monetize that knowledge and skills.

    More yet, if you are serious in investing, you can follow what I did which is to pursue my dream of becoming a CFA someday.

    Happy investing and goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sir Randy Ayson.. I wanted to hear or actually read something from you about the current market status going down.. I suppose it's a shopping spree and that the market is on "SALE".

    ReplyDelete